To maintain the beauty of the weave, the brilliance of the colours and to avoid the destructive power of acarids, we recommend a deep professional cleaning every 3-5 years. All it takes is one phone call to us and we will come to fetch the carpets
Dirt is responsible for much more wear and tear than usage is. There are two types of dirt responsible for this sort of damage:
• Dust and sand, they get right down into the root of the knots and then grind against the weave when the carpet is walked upon.
• The (often greasy) particules that catch on shoes and are passed onto the velvet of the carpet. The carpet then loses its suppleness and becomes stiff.
Cleaning prevents this accumulation that causes these problems. A carpet should be looked after in the following manner:
• Gently hoovered once a week to extract dust
• Flipped over once a year and left upside down for 2 to 3 days. This way the dust and sand that the vacuum cleaner couldn't reach has a chance to tumble out
• Placed in the hands of an Oriental carpet specialist once every 3 to 5 years (according to where the carpet sits) for a traditional cleaning.
Our Atelier offers 3 types of cleaning services:
- Traditional cleaning for wool carpets 25 Euros/m_
- Special cleaning for silk carpets 30 Euros/m_
- Complete hand-cleaning for ancient/antique carpet 50 Euros/m_
These prices include travel all over Monaco and the Alpes Maritimes!